Learning to Read versus Love for Books
Children learn to read at their own pace in school - contrary to popular perception, experts maintain there is NO rush to 'learn to read' at an early age.
It's critical instead to instil a love for books!
Once children look upon books with joy, they learn to:
- comprehend what they read
- ponder on what they read to draw logical inferences and thinking independently and creatively
- use a rich vocabulary and sophisticated grammar
- communicate their thoughts effectively
These complex skills essential for later learning
are best acquired with sustained exposure to good books from an early age.
Once upon a story-time... a child traipsed all over a far away land.
One day he was a big brown dog chasing butterflies, the next day saw him a cheeky monkey, swinging from the tree-tops!
Each day though, he came home with a mind brimming with curiosity, new words, rich insights and a blossoming imagination.
Let that child be yours.
India's favourite story-based language program takes your child on the journey of a lifetime, delving deep into the magical world of books to develop vocabulary, comprehension, communication, creative thinking and above all, a lifelong love for reading.
Why Picture Story Books?
- Rich Vocabulary and Language...
introduces children to complex sentence structures and a variety of words unlike early reader books.
- Interesting Multicultural Plots...
expose children to new ideas, cultures and lines of thought.
- Pictures Aid Comprehension...
promoting conversation and helping children interpret and analyse stories in uniquely personal ways.
Finally, why Little Readers' Nook?
- Our unique approach to language learning...
child-led story-based exploration of language, ensures your child absorbs language skills naturally, falling in love with language in the process.
- Our handpicked picture book collection...
boasts celebrated books by award-winning authors, curated from the best in world children's literature.
- Our sessions pack a uniquely dramatic punch...
effectively engaging kids with books.
- Our friendly, joyful, nurturing atmosphere...
encourages even the most reticent kids to open up, think independently and express themselves freely.
Copyright Little Readers' Nook. All rights reserved.